Information is updated as of 31 May 2018
Osaka Kansai International Airport is well-known as Japan’s main international airport that serves Osaka. The airport is also famous as one of the leading air amenities in Japan. Osaka Kansai International Airport is situated on an island (man-made), which is 40km away from central Osaka. The airport consists of 2 terminals named as Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 handles both international and local flights by consistent airlines. Terminal 1 is known as world’s longest terminal with a total length of 1.7 km. Terminal 2 is an LCC, which stands for Low-Cost Carrier and purpose of this terminal is to attract more Low-Cost Carrier. T2 only has one story building whereas T1 has 4 story buildings. Free shuttle buses are available among both terminals.
Osaka Kansai International Airport has many facilities and services for its travellers.
- Shops: A complete range of shops and newsagents is accessible at the airport that includes duty-free shops, gift shops, electronics retailers, etc.
- Restaurants: Many restaurants, cafes and bars are located at both terminal 1 and 2, which serves both western and Japanese foods.
- Disability Accessibility facilities: Disabled toilets, separate car parking and lifts are available. But they can take wheelchairs from the airport staff as well.
- Child-friendly areas: 5 play zones for kids under age 6 are located at both domestic and international terminals.
- Entertainment (Movie, Internet access, lounges, etc.): Free Wi-Fi facility is available inside airport. Travellers can use airport internet station booths by paying 100 Yen for 10 minutes. You can also charge your electronic devices by paying 100 Yen for 30 minutes as 6 stations are accessible inside airport.
- Business services/centres: ATM machines, currency exchange and bank facility is available at different floors of the terminal.
- General services: Other general services include medical and massage services, police station, post office, smoking and shower area, pharmacy and information desk.
- Nearby transit hotels
- Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport is regarded as the top transit hotel, which is 0.91mi away from the airport.
- Star Gate Hotel Kansai Airport is best hotel for families and is 3.11mi away from the airport.
- Kansai Airport Washington Hotel, another best choice especially for families, which is 3.26mi away from the airport.
- Kansai Airport Spa Hotel Garden Palace is another top transit hotel that is 4.26mi from the airport.
- City Hotel Air Port in Prince is perfect for solo travellers, which is 4.01mi from the airport.